0
Gab Valenciano never thought that his "super selfies" will inspire popular singer Beyonce, who borrowed some of his moves for the music video of her new single, "7/11".
Beyonce's music video has over 30 million views as of writing.

"Honestly, hindi ko nga akalain na anybody would catch on the super selfie kasi kung panoorin mo [siya] ay kalokohan lang palagi. I think it's something that when you least expect it ay doon darating," Valenciano told reporters on Thursday.
Valenciano started making his "super selfie" videos a year ago when he went to the United States to study.
Recalling the time when he decided to create the videos, he said: "I was just bored -- slightly depressed, in a way. Wala akong magawa. Kumbaga, siyempre coming from a life here tapos going to the States... tapos 'yung mundo ko parang school, gym, school, gym. That kind of rattled me so I felt like I needed to release my frustrations and 'yun na 'yung super selfie."
"Pero who would have known a year ago -- because I started a year ago -- na makakarating ako rito?" he added.
Valenciano said he feels "very vindicated in a way" when his "super selfie" videos became a hit, noting how he has always wanted to "grow as a person and as an artist."
"I feel like there's a reason why I left. I really felt that I wouldn't be able to grow as a person and as an artist dito. Kasi at the end of the day, I am still the son of Gary V. No matter what I do, no matter what I say, no matter what I accomplished here, people will always see me as that," he said, referring to his father, singer-dancer Gary Valenciano, who is dubbed as the Philippines' "Mr. Pure Energy."
"I don't mind that. Wala naman akong problema doon," he quickly added. "But I'm a content creator, I love to create stuff. Hindi ko magagawa 'yon dito because people already know me as a dancer. So I had to step out of the box and go somewhere else to learn, study. I had to go through the motions of my emotions and find myself. And when I did, boom! I feel very vindicated, in a way."
Meanwhile, Valenciano hinted that he has a "big project" that will be soon released online.
"We are all handpicked to be part of this collaboration which will be released worldwide. It will come out online also, different artists," he said.

Post a Comment

 
Top