0
KC Concepcion and Miel. Photo from Concepcion's Instagram account

After taking a swipe at a popular rumor alleging that she is the real mother of her younger siblings Miel and Miguel, KC Concepcion finally opened up about the persistent talk and emphasized that she is not their mother.
Rumors that Concepcion is the real mother of Miel, who is turning 10 in September, has long been circulating. In 2012, veteran actress Sharon Cuneta had to publicly deny that Concepcion is the real mom of Miel and adopted son, Miguel.
In an interview Bianca Gonzalez as published on The Philippine Star Sunday, Concepcion said she initially did not mind the rumor about Miel being her daughter because she knows it is not true.
“First of all, sabi nila, kaya daw ako nag-Paris when I was 18 is because I was pregnant. And I didn’t know it was such a big rumor because it isn’t true! I didn’t mind it. It was funny eh, but when your family starts to ask about it, then it gets real. Parang, wait lang, showbiz can actually ruin relationships,” she said.
“So when they didn’t see any tell-tale signs, sabi nila, nagpa-abort daw kasi ako. Ano ba talaga? Nabuntis ba ako or nagpa-abort? They said anak ko daw si Miel (Pangilinan), because I wasn’t here when she was born. They said my mom paid so and so millions para daw tumahimik yung mga tao. Then when we adopted my brother Miguel, si Miguel naman daw 'yung tunay kong anak,” she added.
Concepcion quipped that it is unfortunate that “in showbiz, there can be smoke when there’s no fire.”
Aside from the pregnancy rumors, Concepcion also laughed off talk that the only reason she moved to Boston when she was 12 was because she was caught smoking in the bathroom.
Despite all these rumors, Concepcion said she only becomes more determined to let the people know more about herself.
“If you know me, how I am, how I think, kayo na mismo makakaalam if (rumors are) true or not. Instead of allowing other people to introduce me, I’ll do it myself,” she told Gonzalez.
This is also the reason she is active on various social media sites.
“I am so passionate about photos, sharing myself on Twitter and Instagram, and my blog before, it is my way of letting the fans in, so that they can know me,” she said.

Post a Comment

 
Top